Why buy a patio heater?
Raising the temperature by at least 10 degrees, patio heaters extend the outdoor season, adding a few more hours to the day when we can enjoy being outside. Providing reliable heat and warmth, you'll be able to relax or work in the garden for longer each day, and enjoy the freedom of extending day-time parties and events in to the evening, even if the weather isn't perfect.
Freestanding Patio Heaters
Provide the most power. Ideal for providing continuous heat to large areas such as patios or decks.
Gas patio heaters feature variable heat output. Patio heaters should only be on full power during the first few minutes of use. After this, use half the power setting, as this will give the best result.
Be careful not to position patio heaters too close to garden furniture or structures.
Tabletop Patio Heaters
A great flexible option, allowing you to increase heat where it's needed most.
Perfect for dining alfresco. When placed in the centre of the table, a table-top patio heater will provide ample warmth for everyone around the table.
Using your patio heater safely.
- Patio heaters are for outdoor use only, and should not be used with conventional awnings or gazebos, especially those made of plastic.
- When the heater is not in use, protect with a cover (available from Homebase) and store in a sheltered area, protected from the wind as heaters can be blown over in high winds.
- Do not move a patio heater when it is alight and ensure that it is stable before use.
- Supervise children and pets at all times when the heater is in use.
- Do not use in high winds, this may cause the heater to blow over.
- An annual service by a qualified gas technician is recommended.
- Check the condition of the flexible hose connecting the regulator to the patio heater inlet every time the cylinder is replaced. A hose should be replaced every few years.
- Do not use your patio heater if a persistent gas smell is present, and ensure that the cause of the leak is investigated and repaired by a qualified engineer.
- Keep your heater clean by washing the structure with a damp cloth and use a wire brush to clean the burner mesh.
Keep warm on those cool nights with a Patio Heater!