Leisureshopdirect.com knows that you care how information about you is used and
shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with
us or place an order for products or services. We also
collect information when you voluntarily complete
customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in
competitions. Website usage information is collected
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information you give us:
we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any
other way. This information includes your name, address and phone number,
details of people to whom purchases have been shipped (including address and
to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a
confirmation when you open e-mail from Leisureshopdirect.com if your computer
supports such capabilities.
Information from other sources:
we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our
account information. This kind of information includes updated delivery and
address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to
correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order,
manage your account and, if you agree, to email you
about other products and services we think may be of
interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to
personalise your repeat visits to our website.
Leisureshopdirect Ltd will not share your information for marketing
purposes with companies outside the Leisureshopdirect Ltd or other specified named companies of which you have authorised.
In processing your order, we may send your details to,
and also use information from credit reference agencies
and fraud prevention agencies. Also, in processing your order we will pass your address details onto one of our courier companies. This will either be Royal Mail, DPD or Parcelforce. We may also send your address and/or phone number onto a supplier if the order is being drop-shipped directly to you.
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Campsite Chatter Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile that you register with us will be published on areas of our Website where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas.
- we may pass your personal information to our employees and agents and third parties to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- some general statistical information about our Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (including third party advertisers who wish to advertise on our website) but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
We would like to send you information about products
and services of ours and other companies you authorise. If you have consented to
receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting
you for marketing purposes or giving your information to
other companies you have previously authorised.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing
purposes, please click here.
Updating your Privacy Settings
You can update your privacy settings at any time by logging into your account and visiting the your privacy dashboard which is on the "My Details" section or by clicking here
(when signed in). Alternatively, please feel free to send us an email or phone us and we will alter your privacy settings for you.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information
that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some
or all of your personal information, please email or write
to us at the following address. We may make a small
charge for this service.
Mullacott Business Park
We want to make sure that your personal information is
accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or
remove information you think is inaccurate.
Lawful Basis for processing your data
As set out in Article 6 of the GDPR we adhere to one of the following:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- We use this basis to send you future offers, money off coupons, freebies and Leisureshopdirect updates. We may pass your information onto third party platforms to fulfil the relevant emails.
- We offer to store your card or Paypal details so you do not have to enter them on your subsequents visits. These details are stored by Braintree Payments (https://www.braintreepayments.com/en-gb/features/data-security) and at stored in a way to adhere to the most stringent PCI compliance laws. We will never pass any of this information on to any other party and will only be used when requested by yourself.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- We use your delivery address to send you your order and may pass these details onto our courier or a supplier if the order is being drop-shipped.
- We use your billing address to check the details with our payment processor.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- We use your email address to keep you up to date with your order(s) and/or account. If you send us an email to our public email accounts or send a request through our website we will use this email address to reply to your request.
- We use your phone number to contact you about your order(s) or account. We may send this onto our courier or supplier if your order is being drop-shipped.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with
the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer
information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request
proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password
and to your computer. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Please note that no credit/debit card information ever touches our server(s) or databases. This is solely handled by processing companies who adhere to the highest level of PCI compliance. We currently use Paypal, SagePay and Braintree.
Cookies on Leisureshopdirect.com
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
for a video about cookies visit:
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or saving for later, cannot be provided.
The cookies we use at Leisureshopdirect to perform such tasks are:
ASP.NET_SessionId Leisureshopdirect – Basic session management used by ASP.net which is essential for the site to work.
CurrentSessionId Leisureshopdirect – Used to track a Leisureshopdirect database session with an ASP.net session. Essential for the site to work.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
The cookies we use at Leisureshopdirect to perform such tasks are:
_utXX - Google Analytics. Used for tracking user activity on the web site, including anonymous transaction data.
_tstls3452 - Tests whether you have accepted cookies
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. For example, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these setttings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the
Your Online Choices site
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms for more information: Network Advertising Initative.
They have provided a one-stop place that gathers all of the opt-out controls.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful:
Data Protection Act 1998
The Information Commissioner's Office
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy
policy only applies to this website so when you link to
other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any question s about our
- By Email
- or write to us at : Leisureshopdirect Ltd, Mullacott Business Park, Ilfracombe, Devon, EX34 8PS
Last Updated: 23/04/18