Cool Boxes & Cool Bags
Some of us love cleaning our pride and joy, treating it to a spot of TLC after a hard season of fun and service... others loathe the job. However there is no getting away from the fact that if you own a caravan or motorhome and you want it to stand the test of time in the face of the lements, caravan cleaning is an important job...dirt, grease and algae, not to mention seagull and other bird waste will slowly erode your van and need to be removed albeit carefully and using the correct caravan cleaning products...
So, some tips from us at Leisureshopdirect.
1. Using a pressure washer? Only with great care and never around sensitive window and door sills and seals. In fact, a pressure washer is likely to blast paint off your 'van too...far better to roll up sleeves and apply some elbow grease. if you have to, use a pressure washer on the wheels and trims only... and only them from a distance.
2. Don't skip the roof or underside of your caravan! OK, you mightn't 'see' those parts very often and no one will comment on the brilliance of their shine once cleaned, however, this is where the damage is likely to set in, particularly if never cleaned.
3. Take care on the roof! Can it support your weight (no offence intended!) check with the 'van manufacturer before expecting the roof of your van to support your weight... better still, use a step ladder and clean in sections. And, no, it's not ethical to send a small child up there with a bucket and sponge...
4. It may be stating the obvious but always work from top down...to prevent annoying dirt running down to cover the already-cleaned sections of your 'van.
5. Avoid cleaning under the sun... sounds daft doesn't it, as you'd expect the rays of the sun to help dry things off more quickly. However that's just the problem as faster drying water will leave residue on your windows making them streaky and requiring you to go over them again. Alternatively, use a chamois or other highly absorbent cloth to remove the mosture and residue rather than letting it dry under the hot sun.
6. Use specially designed cleaning products... don't go reaching for household cleaner, even it is seems more convenient. In fact, try some of these caravan cleaning products we have listed here as some of our thousands of van tools and accessories.
Cleaning products for caravans have been specially designed for the job and, although they may seem more expensive than basic cleaning products, a drop goes a long way. So, abandon any ideas about using wax-stipping washing up liquid and buy a professional caravab cleaning product instead.
Hose your motorhome down first and then use a professionally made wash, applying with a soft, long handled brush if needs be. Rinse off the wash and then apply wax before standing back and admiring the view.
Fenwicks Exterior Caravan Cleaning Products to include windowise, mot
Water Purification, Cleanses water systems and tanks
Fenwicks Interior Caravan Cleaning Products such as bathroom cleaner a
Brunner Bio Boy Packaway Bin with Liners. Brunner Bio Boy Compact is
Brushy Door Boot/Shoe Brush Dimensions - 9 inch Long
Fold down rotary airer with 4 arms. Folds in two and stores in a bag.
Neutralises and absorbs odours in your fridge. Also prevents the cross
Mud buster Caravan and Motorhome Cleaner - 1ltr. Mud Buster Caravan
Mud buster Caravan and Motorhome Cleaner - 2.5lt Mud Buster Caravan
Mud buster Glass and acrylic cleaner - 1ltr Mud Buster Glass Cleane
Mud buster Liquid Wax 1ltr. Mud Buster Liquid Wax gives a superior
Silky Cream, a non abrasive cleaner for all painted and synthetic surf
Wax free and silicone free polish. Formulated for use on all wood furn
Tableau Upholstery cleaner - 400ml aerosol. Fast acting foam that gen
500ml bottle of liquid UPVC cleaner. Ideal for static caravan windows
The Dometic Tank Cleaner is based on detergents from renewable resourc
Duo Tank Cleaner Concentrated is one of the newest members of Thetford
Dometic Plastic Window Cleaning Kit Special care for acrylic glass T
Cleaning products for caravans and motorhomes. Miracledrywash, Fenwicks, silky cream and Thetford products.
Already member? Sign in
Please visit the help page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© Leisureshopdirect Ltd - 2004 . All rights reserved.